WELCOME!

Welcome to Son to Soldier. We started this blog as a way to journal our son's journey to become a soldier and a medic in the U.S. Army (HOOAH!) This has been and continues to be an exciting adventure for our entire family. We have covered lots of new territory and continue to learn more and more every day. We will be posting son's letters, pictures, and will try to keep you updated. And I'm sure we'll also have lots of posts from Mom since she's just a tiny bit proud!! I LOVE being an ARMY MOM!

(*I absolutely hate having to put a big ole watermark on front of my photos. In order to keep from doing this, I ask that you please ask permission before copying or downloading pictures. Thanks :)

Monday, November 19, 2012

Army Parent's Creed



I am the parent of an American soldier. 
 I will support, respect and honor the protectors of this great Nation, this team we call Army. 
I seek to serve by word and deed not only my soldier but all soldiers. 
I will always treat a soldier respectfully, always defending their service with pride. 
I will never accept disrespect or dishonor of my soldier or any soldier from anyone.
 I will never abandon a soldier, injured or otherwise and I will always fight for their right to be treated fairly and honorably, even by those with whom they serve. 
I will privately bear the pain of loss and separation from my soldier, always striving to be uplifting and positive in their presence for their sake. 
 I will always acknowledge an Army soldier in public or private, commending and praising them for their service to us. 
 I will never let them forget that we are proud of them nor of the deep appreciation we have for their sacrifice. 
 I will stand by my soldier and those who serve with them, confronting anyone seeking to harm, dishonor or deny them basic human rights. I am the mother or father of my child, I am an Army parent.
 
Be Safe - Be Good - Be Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment