WELCOME!

Welcome to Son to Soldier. We started this blog as a way to journal our son's journey to become a soldier and a medic in the U.S. Army (HOOAH!) This has been and continues to be an exciting adventure for our entire family. We have covered lots of new territory and continue to learn more and more every day. We will be posting son's letters, pictures, and will try to keep you updated. And I'm sure we'll also have lots of posts from Mom since she's just a tiny bit proud!! I LOVE being an ARMY MOM!

(*I absolutely hate having to put a big ole watermark on front of my photos. In order to keep from doing this, I ask that you please ask permission before copying or downloading pictures. Thanks :)

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Swearing In

Ever see a Mom sob out loud during intermission at a hockey game? Yes, it was me! I know...I know...the kids already let me know what a dork I was. I just couldn't help it! That was ONE of the glorious and most proud "Mom moments" of 23 years of being a mom. As of that second, I officially became an ARMY MOM. Army "Strong" Mom? Well....that one will come with time ;) but Lance says I'm not doing too bad. Of course he couldn't see me! I do have mixed emotions about all this. But somebody has to do it...right? Somebody's son or daughter has to fight for our freedoms and to preserve our constitution. Somebody's son or daughter has to be that combat medic to help those kids in the field in times of fear and turmoil. Words really can't express how proud I am to watch Lance learn and grow and make this huge life changing decision. I'm <------------------------> this much proud and <-----> this much scared! So many changes, new experiences, and lots to learn. Not just for Lance but for the whole family. There's a quote from the movie "Act of Valor" that says, "You don't expect your family to understand, you just hope they'll accept it." Well Lance, we understand, and we completely accept it. Be safe - Be Good - Be Strong....ARMY strong! We love you!!!!

The actual swearing in.

No comments:

Post a Comment