WELCOME!

Welcome to Son to Soldier. We started this blog as a way to journal our son's journey to become a soldier and a medic in the U.S. Army (HOOAH!) This has been and continues to be an exciting adventure for our entire family. We have covered lots of new territory and continue to learn more and more every day. We will be posting son's letters, pictures, and will try to keep you updated. And I'm sure we'll also have lots of posts from Mom since she's just a tiny bit proud!! I LOVE being an ARMY MOM!

(*I absolutely hate having to put a big ole watermark on front of my photos. In order to keep from doing this, I ask that you please ask permission before copying or downloading pictures. Thanks :)

Saturday, June 9, 2012

We've Got Mail!!!!


Two letters arrived on the same day!!!  HOOAH!!!

Hey Mom, (and the rest of the family)
Well I'm alive.  Sorry it's taken so long to write.  Things in reception have been good.  A lot of sitting though.  They won't let us do any push-ups or anything like that until we finish processing.  And I don't get a return address until then either.  So that kinda sucks cause I miss you guys.  The days are long but that's mostly because it's a lot of hurry up and wait.  The day start at 0400.  We stand in formation and then march to chow.  The food is good.  Then we sit in a room and do paper work or get shots or uniforms.  There really isn't anything specific that we do besides standing or waiting in line.  We get personal time for an hour at 2000 and then its lights out at 2100.  I can't wait to start Basic and get out of reception.  The Drill Sergeant here isn't too bad so far, but we'll be assigned a new one once basic starts.  I hope you guys are doing great.  I was planning on writing individual letters, but it's starting.....

Ok it's been 3 days since I've had a chance to be able to write, so I don't really know where I left off.  I went to church today.  It was great!  I don't think I've ever felt the Spirit so strong.  It was really cool.  I think America the Beautiful is probably my new favorite hymn. Things have been pretty good, just lots of memorizing things like the Army Song, Soldier's Creed, and My General Orders.  We will most likely actually start the real basic training on Friday and then I'll be able to call with all my information like my address and stuff.  I hope you guys are doing good at home.  I miss all of you and I'm praying for you.  I'll send another letter as soon as I have time.  Oh yeah, before I forget, I got to teach some guys about the church.  It's been really cool to be able to share the gospel with them.  There's definitely been some great questions that I've been able to answer.  There were even a couple that came to church because of friends that had told them about it.  And if you don't go to church you have to clean, so people are all sorts of willing to at least give it a shot.

Love ya'll,
PVT2 RIRIE Lance M.

No comments:

Post a Comment